McDonald’s recently announced that 99p Cheeseburgers would be no more with its first price increase in 14 years.
As of July 27th McDonald’s has hiked up their prices due to inflation, and it’s not just the famous 99p Cheeseburger that’s been impacted. If you want to grab a value meal, the Cheeseburger has increased by 20p and will now cost you £1.19 instead.
Luckily, not every item has changed price and those that have changed have only changed between 10-20p, but it’s still bad news for major McDonald’s fans who like to grab a budget meal on the regular.
Other items on the menu that have been affected include:
- McFlurry- 10p price increase
- 20 McNugget Share Box- 10p price increase at selected restaurants
- Hamburger- 10p price increase
- Medium Fries- 10p price increase
- Double Cheeseburger- 20p price increase
- McCafe hot drinks- 20p price increase
- Big Mac Meal- 20p price increase
- McChicken Sandwich Meal- 20p price increase
- McPlant Meal- 20p price increase
- Quarter Pounder with Cheese Meal- 20p price increase
- Fillet o Fish Meal- 20p price increase
- McChicken Meal- 20p price increase
- 6 Nuggets Meal- 20p price increase
- Chicken Selects 3 Piece Meal- 20p price increase
- Sausage and Egg McMuffin Meal- 20p price increase
However, there’s no need to panic as there’s still a way that you can get the famous 99p cheeseburger for FREE despite the price increase every time you visit your local McDonald’s store.
Thanks to our McDonald’s student discount, students can get a completely free Cheeseburger, Mayo Chicken or McFlurry Original with the purchase of an extra value or wrap meal in-store! So, don’t let the price increase worry you as you can get a free Cheeseburger every time you visit McDonald’s and all you have to do is show your Student Beans iD at the checkout!