The best charity shops and vintage shops Liverpool has to offer.
As fast fashion slowly whittles away, we welcome the resurgence of vintage and charity shops. Gone are the days when big-name brands used to populate our town centres; instead, in their place a number of secondhand shops and boutiques are opening up.
And the bustling city of Liverpool is no different. The sprawling metropolis is renowned for its shopping scene but with sustainability in the back of everyone’s minds, shopping habits have changed quite a bit in recent years (also thanks to the dreaded C word we won’t dare mention).
A recent survey found that four in ten people purchased secondhand goods, and over a third of people sold their used items on the secondhand market. While there’s still a long way to go, consumer shopping habits are changing for the better and the university city’s highstreets and lanes are reflecting the change, with a plethora of charity shops and vintage shops opening in Liverpool.
If you’re heading to the northern city for university and consider yourself a secondhand sommelier or a vintage vulture, we’ve got all the charity shops and vintage shops in Liverpool for you to discover.
Charity shops Liverpool
Charity shops in Liverpool are treasure troves full of preloved clothes, retro furniture and questionable bric-a-brac. And isn’t it nice knowing that your cash is helping charities in the process?
Best charity shops in Liverpool
The mental health charity, Mind, is tucked down a street near Williamson Square in the city centre and has tons of great bargains, plus designer brands.
- Located at 20 Richmond Street, L1 1EF
- Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 9:00-17:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00
- What they sell: books, bric-a-brac, clothes, accessories, homewares and music
Not far from Mind, BHF has everything from clothes to vinyl records, as well as some top high-street brands.
- Located at 10-12 Richmond St, Liverpool L1 1EF
- Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 9:30-17:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00
- What they sell: clothing, shoes, accessories, books, toys, homeware and small gifts
This local Liverpool charity shop is not only pretty big, but packed full of anything you could ever imagine. Furniture sets, retro furnishings, vinyls, books and clothing. Spoilt for choice!
- Located at 244 Smithdown Road, Liverpool L15 5AH
- Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 0:00-17:00, Sunday 12:00-17:00
- What they sell: books, bric-a-brac, clothes, homeware, music, accessories and furniture
About a 20 minute drive from the centre of Liverpool, the charity superstore — Emmaus Merseyside — is well worth the extra effort. The store features a huge selection of furniture, electrical items, and bric-a-brac as well as clothing and homeware (including some designer labels).
- Located at 42-44 Sandy Road, Seaforth, Sefton, L21 3TW
- Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 9:00-16:30, Sunday 10:00-16:00
- What they sell: furniture, electrical items and appliances, CDs, DVDs, books, vinyls, clothing, shoes, accessories, and even artwork and musical instruments
Vintage shops Liverpool
Vintage shops in Liverpool are great places to find eclectic pieces, vintage designer clothing, and preloved items that are full of stories and history.
Here’s our pick of the best vintage shops in Liverpool.
A total gem, you can find huge name brands like Nike, Levi’s and Tommy Hilfiger in this three-storey vintage shop in Liverpool. You can also find unique clothes and accessories, too.
- Located at 80 Bold Street, Liverpool, L1 4HR
- Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 10:15-18:15, Sunday 10:30-17:30
- Soho’s Instagram
One of the coolest vintage shops in Liverpool, Pop Boutique’s humble beginnings started back in 1983, selling in London’s Greenwich and Camden markets — where they handpicked their stock from church sales and flea markets.
Their vintage shops across Liverpool and Manchester currently house a collection of amazing vintage finds, from windbreakers to denim jackets and 90s sweatshirts (plus everything else you could think of).
- Located at 110 Bold St, Liverpool L1 4HY
- Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 10:30-18:30, Sunday 11:00-17:00
- Pop Boutique’s Instagram
Vintage with a modern twist, Cow has a huge selection of reworked items, as well as untouched vintage treasures to choose from. They house brands like Ralph Lauren, Burberry, and Tommy Hilfiger (if that floats your boat).
- Located at 15 Bold St, Liverpool L1 4DN
- Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 10:30-18:00, Sunday 11:00-17:00
- Cow Vintage’s Instagram
Don’t judge a book by its cover. 69A oozes with charm and the sentimental vibe you only get from a gem like 69A, one of the coolest vintage shops in Liverpool.
Expect to discover almost anything here, from high-end homewares to collectible records, plus a selection of vintage clothing. A very wholesome and sentimental jewel that makes a great addition to the number of vintage shops in Liverpool.
- Located at 75 Renshaw St, Liverpool L1 2SJ
- Opening hours: Monday-Sunday 13:00-18:00
- 69A’s Instagram
If you fancy trying to revamp your wardrobe by adding sustainable pieces and brands, check out our article on how to channel Mother Earth with these sustainable looks.
Shop Student Beans Fashion Student Discounts for some top money-saving discounts.