Student Beans surveyed 2,105 16-24 year olds in July 2022.
- 33% of uni students never drink. 33% of 2.4 million students = 792,000
Current uni students only: Do you drink alcohol?
- No – 33%
Gender Breakdown of non-drinkers
- Female – 33.29%
- Male – 36.15%
- Non-Binary – 24.49%
Current uni students only: Do you think alcohol misuse is normalised at university?
- Yes, I think excessive drinking is too normalised – 79%
To uni students who don’t drink alcohol: How does being sober at university make you feel?
- I feel empowered by my decision – 32%
- It doesn’t feel like there’s much to do that doesn’t involve drinking – 23%
- I feel isolated from those who drink – 14%
- It’s difficult to make friends – 11%
Student Beans surveyed 3,070 16-24 year olds in September 2021.
- 27% of uni students never drink. 27% of 2.4 million students = 648000
For any media or PR related enquiries, please contact the team at:
T: 07825 214 302
Student Beans creates lasting relationships between Gen Z and brands. Its suite of solutions helps brands to find, attract, engage, and convert verified students.
Its extensive network of global media touchpoints, along with its conversion optimisation tools, drive repeat purchases, building the habits that turn Gen Z into your lifelong customers.
Student Beans provides the end-to-end solution to running your own student discount program. Its ever-growing global student user base is validated by its secure conversion optimisation technology. Businesses can then have access to its vast community of highly engaged 16-24-year-old users, and segment users to target your ideal consumers, and make use of our Gen Z-centric marketing inventory to speak to them wherever and however they browse.