Goodbye University! Hello Jobsbody!
Need a job after graduation? Jobsbody is ‘The Place to Start’! Join now for FREE!
Rather than starting a shiny new job, the immediate future after university tends to involve two less exciting options for graduates: to either move back into their parents’ house whilst applying for jobs; or to get a basic job to fund themselves while they search for a perfect position.
It can be extremely hard for new graduates to deal with a reality that doesn’t live up to their expectations and they can end up becoming emotionally drained.
The jobs market is saturated with thousands of graduates from this year and previous years. As graduates tirelessly apply for their dream job they often receive common responses ranging from: ‘You do not have enough experience’ to ‘You are over-qualified’. Graduates can only reflect and ask themselves in frustration: ‘Without being given a chance, how can I gain experience? How can I differentiate myself from other applicants?’
The good news is that there is a way to greatly improve this period of your life. All it takes is a bit of positive thinking and a quick visit to Jobsbody.co.uk and the chances of landing an ideal role improve immensely.
Nearly two years ago, two school friends found themselves in this graduate conundrum. Unemployed, living at home in an area with limited job prospects and in the midst of a persistent recession, Jobsbody was created as an entrepreneurial solution to benefit the masses.
Primarily we identified a variety of alienating factors faced by most graduates:
- Employers often know what they are looking for, but cannot efficiently differentiate between what they are looking at.
- Many applications are frustratingly time consuming, often to little avail.
- Support regarding career advice after leaving university is somewhat scarce.
Jobsbody has since evolved into a dynamic forum where businesses can view and connect with graduates. We aim to position ourselves as ‘The Place to Start’ for candidates and clients alike. By searching for their ideal candidate, the employer can obtain an immediate impression of each individual and, if interested, can contact them on their own terms for free after paying their membership fee. The candidate profile allows the graduate to express their ambition in a specific career via a multitude of means. Jobsbody hosts your written CV, qualifications, employment preferences, answers to three competency questions and even your video CV to wow searching employers. Your profile only needs to be completed once and can be updated when necessary.
In summary we would like to offer three top tips when looking for work after university and completing your free Jobsbody profile:
- SMEs – SMEs are often able to offer unique roles with high responsibility and opportunity to grow within the organisation. Furthermore, SMEs form the majority of Jobsbody’s growing client base.
- Embrace technology – Video CVs are becoming very popular with employers during the application process and Jobsbody is fully equipped to host yours.
- Be creative - For example, in your spare time, write a blog about your passion, learn additional skills while you have the opportunity and, where applicable, become more commercially aware. Overall, we hope all graduates remain true to their talents in this tough climate. Your opportunity will come - use Jobsbody to hurry it along!